This project has been located along Emirates Road (E611). The main objective was to enhance the existing roads, construction of new roadway improvements, and convenient for the advancement of traffic circulation. The study area locations have been well-defined by the Engineering Consultant following the approval with the Government Authorities, i.e., Sharjah Roads & Transport Authority (SRTA), Ministry of Infrastructure Development (MOID), and Municipalities and Planning Department – Ajman.
The purpose of the study was to find out the trucks’ flow, and it’s peak timing in order to improve and enhance the road geometry for the road-users ease and convenience.
Our Involvement: This study involved a collection of Automatic Traffic Counts (ATC), Turning Movement Counts (TMC), and Origin and Destination (OD) Surveys.
The survey location/duration was as follows:
- ATC – 02 Locations
- TMC – 06 Locations
- OD Surveys – 02 Locations
The study has been conducted during the identified peak hours and non-peak hours during two weekdays.
The information gathered was:
- The classifications counts were provided in a 15 minute time interval in excel format. The vehicles were classified, such as Cars/Taxis, Buses, Light Goods Vehicles (LGV), and Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV).
- OD Surveys were provided in a questionnaire form, which consists of various questions that have been asked with a road-user.
- The peak hour and peak hour factor (PHF) identified at each location for further study.
- The traffic counts key plan provided for each location.