The Louvre is an art and civilization museum, located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The museum is located on the Saadiyat Island Cultural District. It is approximately 24,000 Square Meters in size, with 8,000 Square Meters of galleries, making it the largest art museum in the Arabian Peninsula. At Orange To Green Solutions, we were appointed as a sub-consultant to conduct traffic surveys across the museum.
The purpose of the study was to find out the current traffic conditions within and outside of the museum.
Our Involvement: This study involved a collection of Turning Movement Counts (TMC), Entry & Exit Counts at Main Access, Valet Parking, Bus & Taxi Drop-off.
The survey location/duration was as follows:
- TMC – 01 Location
- Entry & Exit (Main Access, Valet Parking, and Bus & Taxi Drop-off).
This study involved a comparison of existing traffic conditions during weekdays and weekends.
The information gathered was:
- The classifications counts were provided in a 15 minute time interval in excel format. The vehicles were classified, such as Light Vehicle (Cars/Taxis, Vans/Pick-Ups, 2 Axle Trucks), and Heavy Vehicle (Buses, 3 Axle Trucks, or More).
- The peak hour and peak hour factor (PHF) identified at each location for further study. Following this, vehicle per hour (VPH), peak hour factor (PHF), and Heavy Vehicles (HV) percentages have also been identified.
- The traffic counts key plan provided for each location.
- Video files were delivered in a hard drive at the client’s office.