This project has been located across the major roads in the Emirate of Sharjah. The study area locations have been well-defined by the Engineering Consultant following the approval with the Government Authorities, i.e., Sharjah Roads & Transport Authority (SRTA) and Directorate of Town Planning and Survey (DTPS).
The purpose of the study was to find out the trucks’ flow, and it’s peak timing in order to improve and enhance the road geometry for the road-users ease and convenience.
Our Involvement: This study involved a collection of Automatic Traffic Counts (ATC), License Plate Survey (LPS), and Questionaire Survey.
The survey location/duration was as follows:
- ATC – 18 Locations
- LPS – 18 Locations
- Questionaire Surveys – 2 Locations
The study has been conducted during the identified peak hours and non-peak hours during two working days.
The information gathered was:
- The classifications counts were provided in a 15 minute time interval in excel format. The vehicles were classified, such as 3 Axle Trucks, 4 Axle Trucks, 5 Axle Trucks, 6 Axle Trucks, 7 Axle Trucks, 8 Axle Trucks, 9 Axle Trucks, Pick-Ups, Buses, and Others.
- LPS counts were provided in an hourly time interval in excel format. The vehicles were classified such as 3 Axle Trucks or more along with the vehicle plate number.
- The peak hour and peak hour factor (PHF) identified at each location for further study.
- The traffic counts key plan provided for each location.